Home School Budget Update as of May 12
Over the last few weeks we have received great feedback regarding what our families value in support of their homeschooling journey. Overwhelmingly, our parents shared that they value their teacher and they want the maximum amount of funding and flexibility available to support their child’s education. In addition, we heard that our families wanted more control in how they manage their student budgets within a family budget.
As a result of this feedback and fine tuning of our budget, we are excited to share that we will be making the following enhancements to support our Home School families:
- TK-8 Home School students will receive $2,600
- 9-12 Home School students will receive $2,800
- A Family Budget (ability to move money between students with no limits)
- Ability to use your student budgets to cover costs for approved conferences you may want to attend (up to $350)
Previously announced enhancements that will remain the same:
- No Retention or Transfer fees for curriculum items families wish to retain over the summer after the school year ends
- Purchasing Matrix has been simplified to provide greater purchasing options
- Expansion of our enrichment/service vendor providers (est. of 1,200-1,300 vendors for next year) to include driver’s training and gym memberships
- Extension of our purchasing deadlines to later in the school year
We want to let you know we are doing our best to listen to the needs of our families. We also heard that our families wanted these funds with fewer strings attached, as a result, these new funding amounts will replace the Parent Educator Bonus, Student Assessment Bonus and free community college which was discussed earlier this spring.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your family.
Posted on May 12, 2017 by Jody Graf