Looking for a career where there are many jobs and potential for growth? Consider healthcare and allied health occupations!
Visions is excited to present our Patient Care Pathway, a multi-year sequence of courses that will prepare students for a variety of careers within the healthcare field. This is a high priority sector and one of the fastest growing in the Sacramento region.
Occupations associated with this pathway include: Medical Assistants, Caregiver and Personal Care Aides, Office Administrative Assistants, Nursing Assistants, and Dental Assistants. O*NET is an excellent resource for detailed occupational information.
According to the California Employment Development Department, healthcare workforce needs are great in the Sacramento region. Their findings show that:
- The healthcare sector in the Sacramento region is projected to grow 11% over the next 5 years.
- Significant job growth is expected due to the aging population, technology advances, an increasingly diverse population, and staff retirements.
- About 40 percent of all healthcare jobs that need to be filled over the next decade will require some college but less than a bachelor’s degree.
- Healthcare soft skills training is a huge priority.
- Healthcare support is the fastest growing group in the region at 16% over the next 5 years.
- Home health and personal care aide job growth is expected to be 70%.
OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT
Students start the Patient Care Pathway by taking the introductory course, Health Science Foundations 1A. It’s a great way for students to learn about the variety of healthcare careers and decide if one might fit their career goals. Students can choose to continue the pathway by following the course sequence.
Enrollment for Fall 2021 courses will open in April.
Interested in attending an informational webinar? Please complete the Patient Care Pathway Interest Form by March 31 to attend an Informational Webinar in April. Students who sign up after the webinar will begin Health Science Foundations in Fall 2021.
For more information about the program, please contact Nancy Ortner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT WEEK: THERE IS NOTHING SOFT ABOUT THESE SKILLS!
Posted on February 9, 2021 by Bethany Harris